Spiritual Use Of Florida Water
Florida Water made its grand introduction in the U.S. in 1808. It was very popular with both men and women as they found a myriad of uses for the properties it possessed. This delightfully scented cologne has a base of alcohol in addition to the essential oils blended like lemon, orange oil, ylang ylang and lavender. Florida Water could do anything from curing a headache to keeping negative energies at bay. With the numerous benefits of this ‘sacred water’, it’s no surprise why it has become such a staple in Vodou, Hoodoo, Wiccan and Santeria practices. Florida Water is used to remove negative energy, heavy vibrations, and encourages the healthy expression of emotions. This is especially good after arguments, coming in contact with negative people and those who have empathic abilities.
Florida Water is popular among South American shamen, where it is believed the plant spirits of the Amazon love sweet-smelling perfumes. Thus, one way to achieve protection from malevolent spirits is to wear sweet scents and perfumes such as Florida water as a guard against evil. Shamen will often supercharge their Florida water by adding chopped camphor, tobacco, camalonga seeds and other botanicals and drink it to achieve perfumed breathe that allows them to blow upon inflictions and remove them.
In Hoodoo, Florida Water is used in spiritual cleansings and home protection. It can be worn on the body, used as an ingredient in magical works or by itself as a cologne, put in the bath water and misted in the environment to purify it. In fact, there are so many ways Florida Water can be used it is no wonder it remains a favorite spiritual water among practitioners.
SPIRITUAL USES OF FLORIDA WATER
Here are thirty ways Florida water can be used to make your life more enjoyable.
- Enhance cleansings: Add to spiritual baths to enhance spiritual cleansings.
- Protection cologne: Wear as a cologne for a protective shield that leaves a delicate scent.
- Repel negativity: Mist in the environment to repel negative energy and negative spirits.
- Attract good spirits: Mist in the environment to attract good spirits.
- Add to floor washes: Add to floor washes for its cleansing and blessing properties.
- Use as an offering: Place a bottle on your altar as an offering to the Spirits.
- Cleanse Crystals: Dilute Florida water with distilled water, whenever they start to feel heavy or low energy place them in the water. You can also charge them under new moon or full moon.
- Ancestral offering: Add a few drops to a bowl of water and place on your ancestral altar as an offering to your ancestors.
- Prevent nightmares: Launder bed sheets with 1 cup of Florida Water to remove negative energy and attract benevolent spirits and protection.
- As an astringent: Use as an astringent and skin lotion to tone the skin, leaving it with a feeling of freshness.
- Rubdown for the infirm: As a rubdown for the sick, Florida Water has a beneficial, stimulating effect similar to alcohol rubs but much more pleasant due to its aromatherapeutic qualities.
- Relief from insect bites: Applied to insect bites it provides some relief.
- Anti-anxiety relief: For high anxiety it can be applied to the forehead and used as a rubdown, providing some relief for nervous tension.
- Cleanse and bless candles: Use to cleanse and bless candles prior to use (be sure the candles are completely dry before lighting). *CAUTION: Florida Water is highly flammable. Use extreme caution when working with it.
- Cleanse ritual tools: Use to wipe down altars and altar items to keep free from negative energy.
- Spirit communication: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it to aid in spirit communication through fire.
- Energize money works: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it, then place your hands over the flames warming them before engaging in money drawing activities like working and gambling.
- Holy water: Pray the 23rd Psalm over it and use in place of Holy Water.
- Spirit receptivity: Periodically spray a little on your altar to keep it receptive to the spirits.
- 20.Dream work: Place some in a crystal bowl with spring water next to your bed for prophetic dreams.
- Attraction spray: Combine basil and patchouli essential oils, Florida water and a lodestone to a spray bottle for a wonderful attraction spray.
- 22.Foot bath: Use in foot washings by adding to a tub of water, washing the feet with the Florida water enhanced foot bath, then anointing the feet with rose oil while praying the 23rd Psalm.
- 23.Hair rinse: Add to rinse water after shampooing to clear the head of heavy thoughts.
- 24.Face spritz: Keep in a spray bottle in the refrigerator for a rejuvenating face spritz during the hot days of summer.
- 25.Doll Baby Baptism: Use to baptize doll babies by sprinkling on the doll’s head.
- 26.Laundry rinse: Add a quarter cup to your laundry rinse water to both cleanse and bless your clothes.
- 27.Scrying jar: Pour 1/2 Florida Water into a jar half filled with river water and use for divination.
- 28.Pendulum rinse: Use to rinse pendulums after readings to clear and prepare them for subsequent readings.
- 29.Bless animal companions: Anoint your furry friend’s foreheads with just a dab to bless them.
- 30.St. Francis blessing: Take it a step further by rinsing a St. Francis medal with Florida Water and add the medal to your pet’s collar or hang from an aquarium or bird cage for protection and good health.